Saturday 10 May 2014

TeachMeetNZ Anniversary Session

It has been a proud moment in my ICT journey to be the timekeeper for both the first and the anniversary TeachMeetNZ Google Hangout.  In between I have presented twice, once at very short notice when someone dropped out.  I know how nerve wracking the experience is and the great buzz afterwards as we have faced up to the fear and overcome it.

Rewindable learning is so important.  I can go back in my own time and review again and again.  I can sit in bed or in my classroom and learn what is relevant to me now.

One of the exciting things about TeachMeetNZ is the three minute format.  I can quickly catch up on one aspect in my journey.  Or I can watch the whole event on the wiki.  It sends me to other venues and places I did not know existed.

Sonya you have established a powerful learning opportunity for all. Rewindable learning is learning chosen by me for me.



2 comments:

  1. What a great reflection Kathy and to use #TeachmeetNZ too for your first post. You have become such a big part of the year. Many thanks for all you do behind the scenes too to ensure smooth sessions and also for your honest feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your guidance and timekeeping (and my apologies that I didn't quite keep to the time! I can only plead ignorance, nervousness and 'ums'). Its a fantastic initiative and I'm so pleased to have been a part of it; hope to help more going forward!

    ReplyDelete