Saturday 13 September 2014

Inspiring Others - Thank you Sonya

How wonderful it is to catch up with people who can inspire us to move on, to expand our vision and to take on challenges that we didn't know we were capable of.    

Talking with Sonya today made me realise how far we have both come since we first met. What I love about our irregular catch ups is how willing she is to share her new findings and how to implement something in a practical way. She shares and inspires. She shows she believes that I can. After each get together I find myself pushing out my boundaries, moving more and more into that great unknown - my un-comfort zone.

Helping teachers to learn is what inspires us. They are our learners. We find satisfaction in seeing them take on a new way of operating. Seeing teachers within our schools sharing their own learning and being enthusiastic about teaching is hugely rewarding. To see technophobes and self proclaimed 'dinosaurs' trying something new and then sharing their success means I have done a good job.

How many people do you have in your life who truly inspire you to make changes? Perhaps even more important is how many people do I inspire to creep out of their comfort zone? Do I show by what I say and expect that I believe they can make changes? 

Time for me to audit my interactions with all the teachers I have contact with and to ask myself how am I showing I believe in them as learners.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy,
    fabulous that you are continue to reflect on your learning. (& thanks for the shoutout :) The feeling is totally mutual. I also love seeing teachers learn and celebrate their steps. I get really excited because I know that transpires to their learners too. Great to catch up with you today and have that F2F.

    ReplyDelete