Monday 6 October 2014

Excited About Teaching

Watching Tony Ryan (#primedchatnz GHO) talk about teaching made me (almost) wish the holidays were over and I was heading to the classroom.  His ideas certainly resonated with me.  

He put the Key Competencies first, develop a strong sense of self in all children.  I loved his idea that there are only two groups in the world - you and everyone else.  Now get them in balance.  Such a great way to get a balance between selfishness and selflessness.

His strong statement about teachers needing to be learners, if they are not they are hypocrites.  By developing our own PLCs we are able to learn what we need when we need it  - just in time. 

Social justice, resilience, growth mindset, and on.

But the statement I like most is that which he demonstrated.  Get children excited about learning! Model it.  Well he certainly does that.  He is enthusiastic and fluent.  He speaks from the heart and he has said so eloquently what I believe. 

Inspire the children, the teachers and the parents, and everyone else to learn.

Tony Ryan - #primedchatnz GHO



Note to self: Those acronyms creep in everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment